Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Only 9 Days Left...

I don't know how many of you know what it's like the last couple of weeks of school in a junior high, but let's play a pretend game of what it might be like. You might walk into your room and find a baby doll duct taped to your wall above the white board. It might look something like this:

Apparently, in Teen Living they have to carry baby dolls around all week so they will keep their clothes on and not get a real one. This one came with a ransom note and her mother picked her up during 8th period. People wonder why I teach junior high all the time and I tell you, THIS is why. This kind of stuff cracks me up. I don't think my sense of humor has developed much above theirs. I've made my peace with that.

4 comments:

Hillary said...

I think stuff like that is hilarious too. But my favorite is when someone runs into a big glass window and their head makes a "THUD" sound and that person falls right on the floor and that someone is my 5 year old sister and we are on our way to Disneyworld.

I was about to make fun of you because my blog said you only posted 23 minutes ago and it is 6:35am on my clock but your blog said it was 11:03pm so I will let it slide.

But I'm watching you.

Jessica said...

If you think that's funny, how about if I duct tape a couple of my babies to your wall? Now THAT would be funny. Hold on. I can't stop laughing. No, really... My stomach hurts... Ow. I fell of my chair...

Maybe it has been a rough week. Maybe. And it's only Wednesday. Twitch Twitch... laugh...

Joanie said...

LOL... I love this! It beats the *baby bag of flour* which then become flour bombs after they've passed the test!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

A ransom note? That is 100% funny and I love it more than Cheetos--and my hands are cleaner.

What'chgoin'todoallsummer, besides meet Mrs. Bird, that is?

Oh, and I have a new friend to blog about: Scottish Dreamer. You'll love her too.