Saturday, May 9, 2009

Wardrobe Malfunction

This one time...okay, so it was tonight...I was at the Asian Star restaurant. I don't know if you know about this place, but it is in Sandy and it's fancy enough to have valet parking. Lest you think I am fancy, I was not there to eat. I was actually there with my Mary Kay friend, Deanna, giving out samples for Mother's Day and entering people into a drawing for a $200 basket. It was pretty much packed and without a reservation, you were not eating there tonight. At one point there was a bit of a lull in the evening and I was standing in the foyer area talking to that Deanna when all of a sudden she has this look on her face:
Why would Deanna all of a sudden make such a face, you ask? I wondered that too until I looked down and saw that my skirt was not on my hips, but instead, hanging out down around my ankles. I have never been more embarrassed in my life and I don't know as I ever will be that embarrassed again. Plus, also, there is no graceful way out of that situation. I just bent down and pulled it back up. My Deanna friend, who tells me she is 30-20 years old, told me (after peeling herself off of the floor) that it was officially the funniest moment of her whole entire life. When I look back upon it, funny is not the first word I think of.

6 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Well...a...er...cough,chough. What about them Jazz?

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I owe you a Mrs. Bird story. And after that you probably deserve some caramels too.

Amber said...

I love you Shan! Oh, how I miss seeing you. That just made me glad that I know you. Thanks for the chuckles! Have a better day today.

The 6 Steiners said...

I AM SO GRATEFUL THAT YOU ALWAYS GIVE ME THE GOOD LAUGH THAT I NEED. THAT REALLY IS SO FUNNY I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING! THATS AS BAD AS WHEN HALLIE OPENED THE BATHROOM STALL WHILE I WAS USING THE POTTY AT CHURCH... 9 MONTHS PREG. AND THERE STOOD FOUR MOMS. YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

Hillary said...

I don't have anything to comment because I answered the phone and you told my that funny story right exactly after it happened.

I'm so glad I answered the phone. For your sake and mine. loveyourguts

Jessica said...

Wow, Shan, wow. That's just about all I can say about the subject. Maybe you should stick with pretty pretty dresses and not the skirts. And maybe you should have plastic surgery so no one who saw you will recognize you.