Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Certain Death Averted

For Christmas this year that Hillyerie girl got me a teeny tiny flat iron.  It's name is the Baby Bliss Pro.  I needed a teeny tiny flat iron because I have pretty short hair and the flat iron I have is bigger than my hair is long so I keep burning my fingers.  That Hillyerie has a nick for gift giving because she pays very close attention all the time to people's ramblings and then gets them the very thing they said in passing they'd like to have.  I'm pretty sure that's what happened with me and the flat iron.  I took a photo of it to show you just how baby it is in comparison to my regular one:

Something you may or may not know about me is that I'm a "read the instructions" kind of girl.  If I don't read them thoroughly, I at least peruse them to make sure I don't miss anything important.  So, last night I was washing my face, brushing my teeth, and such in preperation for bed.  My Baby Bliss Pro instrucion manual was on the counter and I thought that maybe I'd give it a look see to make sure I knew everything I needed to know about it.  I started with the "IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS" because they are important after all.  Boy am I glad I did because apparently I've been taking my life in my own hands by not following these instructions.  I've taken the liberty of highlighting a few of the ones that I was the most worried about:

#2.  Do not use while bathing or in shower--Now how am I supposed to multi-task to get to school on time if I can't use it while I'm showering, I ask you?
#3.  This appliance should not be used by, on, or near children or individuals with certain disabilities--I think I need a clarification on that one.  What exact disabilities are they worried about?  Siezures, baldness, maybe persons that have had their brain shocked?  If I don't know how do I know if I can really use it?
#7.  Never use while sleeping--This one is my favorite.  I don't think I need to make a snarky comment as it is plenty dumb all by itself.
#9.  Do not use outdoors or operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered--This one causes many problems.  First of all, I just had electrical outlets installed in my tent for camping trips where I may need to flat iron.  Since I can't use it outside, that was a total waste.  Secondly, I'm worried about all of the hairstylist in the world that have to take their clients outside to flat iron their hair because they cannot have it anywhere that has aerosol spray.  Only guess what...they can't use it outside either, so they are just plain screwed.  And finally, if it cannot be used where oxygen is being used, then all of the poor, catatonic people in the hospitals cannot have cute, flat ironed hair. 
#11.  This appliance is hot when in use.  Do not let eyes or bare skin touch heated surfaces--Only too bad for me because now I can't use it to curl my eyelashes!  What the heck am I supposed to do now since my other heated eyelash curler is about to bite the dust?

As you can see, I just averted certain death by reading these "Important Saftey Instructions."  I hope this public service announcement goes on to save many lives.

5 comments:

Joanie said...

Bwahahahahaha! Love the *snarky* comments.

Joanie said...

Oh yeah... and by the way... that Santa over there is seriously freaking me out!

Hillary said...

I have no snarky comments.... I am glad you love your prize and that it has already brought you much joy and laughter.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

You know why it's called Christmas? Because you're not supposed to open presents before it. Okay, that's not why but WHY DID YOU OPEN EARLY? And I seriously think you should curl your eyelashes with a FLAT iron. Flat! Curly! Get it?

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Has the corner of your blog header photo always been curled up like that? 'Cause it's scaring me. Is Hank going to get curled? He shouldn't use the flat iron then.