Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was pretty great. I went to Kesk's house to do Christmas with her and the littles, and I took many wonderful photos. Only I screwed up and deleted most all of them. What I do have is this:

I'm not sure what I could possibly add to that unless it is this:

I know, you're probably confused about "witch" holiday we are supposed to be celebrating, but don't be. We all know what's going on.

After that I went to Aunt Kaye's house to prepare for the Christmas Eve shindig she and Uncle Warner have every year to celebrate not only the baby Jesus, but also Uncle Warner's birthday. It was good times, I tell ya. Yummy food and lots of presents. Here's some proof of the good times:






I also got a wonderful doll that Aunt Kaye made for me.

This is no ordinary doll, I tell you. This is actually four dolls. "How can that be?" you may ask.I think I saw a show on The Learning Channel about this. I'm pretty sure it's inoperable. You must also know that on the back side of these doll faces are two more faces. There is a face and dress for each of the four seasons. I love this doll because when I was little I had a doll like this that was Little Red Riding Hood. One side was Little Red Riding Hood and when you flipped her dress over, the other side was her grandmother. The plot thickens because the grandmother was wearing a bonnet and when you pulled the bonnet off of her head there was the wolf's face! I know, right! That was one awesome doll and I really wish I knew where it was. So, I was really excited for this doll that is all topsy turvey like my childhood one.

I got one more present from Aunt Kaye tonight. Let me preface it with this: All her kids' families got this really cool radio/siren/flashlight thingy for their emergency preparedness. It didn't even need batteries because you wound it up. A pretty cool gadget. Then I got this:

Yep, that's a burnt match on the end of it. I'm not feeling very prepared all of a sudden.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

could that Roxi be any cuter? NO, is the answer. Plus, that doll from Kaye skayes me quite a bit.

Anonymous said...

NO FREAKIN' WAY!!! I had the same Red Ridinghood doll and I would give anything to know where it is. I can't believe it!! I knew we knew each other in another life....

~Kristen