Monday, December 22, 2008

I caved

What did I tell myself I'd never do? Blog--that's what. Only I blame it on my mama because she bought me this nifty camera for Christmas (Yes, I opened it early. Don't judge me.) and I'm so excited about it that I need a place to show off all my photos what that's not just on the actual camera. My Kesk friend told me to just give in and do a blog. I think that is just a sneaky way for her to have two blogs because she knows I love her kids best and I will blog them most. Sneaky or not, it worked.

Here's what I'm most scared of about blogging: grammar. I'm an 8th grade English teacher, and I'm pretty sure if I don't write too good, nobody will want me to teach their kids how to write real good too. Plus, also, if I put an apostrophe in the wrong place, I'm pretty sure Kesk will launch a full blown protest against my blog. She's not a mere grammar Nazi--she's pretty much Hitler when it comes to apostrophes. She and I share that wonderful quality.

My header photo is of Hank. I just thought you'd like to know that. He wandered into my school about a month ago and almost got his noggin smashed in the big heavy doors. He was a homeless kitty trying to get out of the snow I believe. He beguiled me and I took him home on a trial basis. I prefer cats but I am secretly afraid of becoming that crazy cat lady who always smells a little like urine. My Shelly friend says I need way more than one cat to be a crazy cat lady. I choose to believe her, so Hank can stay.

2 comments:

Shelly & Danny said...

The opening photo of a kitty in a sink, sure made me chuckle, seriously. Love the new blog, I will add you to my list immediately!

Hillary said...

What in the HECK. Why you no speak of the blog to your hillyerie friend? I am not a grammar nazi or even a lovely speller. I wouldn't judge. Plus also, I love you loads.