Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hubba Hubba Hank

I figure that every time I post a blog featuring my cat, I'm one step closer to being the crazy cat lady. I should really just embrace it and know that it is my destiny. Actually, I took this photo the same day my car got it's window shot out. My Krista friend was at Wal-Mart that day and she came by my house to love me up and drop off a 12 pack of Diet Coke. She knows how much I love that sweet nectar of the gods. When she came to my house Hank was kicking it old school with his little arm behind his head. I thought she just might piddle her pants right there on the rug. She thought he looked pretty seductive and I'd have to agree. So, Hubba Hubba Hank is my new header photo.

Plus, also, my life is feeling better today. It was pretty touch-and-go there for while. I had a double facial at my house with a couple of super-cute girls and they bought $255 worth of stuff. My profit off of that averages out to be about $30 an hour. I'm pretty sure that Mary Kay is the only place I can make that kind of money in a way that is both legal and moral. We laughed a lot and it was really fun to have people visiting me at my house. Good company in conjunction with good money is enough to perk anybody up.

I almost forgot. I am the proud owner of a vacuum. My old one broke before I moved to Payson. If you are wondering what I've been using to vacuum for the past 7 months, I'd like to answer that I've been borrowing one. However, the truth is that I honestly haven't vacuumed since I've moved in. If you now believe that I'm living in redneck squalor, I'd like to direct you to the Christmas Eve post that shows a photo of what my Auntie gave me for my emergency preparedness. Actually, the good news is that most all of my house is cement. It's not just your run of the mill sidewalk cement, it's fancy stained cement that's heated. That is my favorite feature. I have warm feet all the time. Now I'm thinking I need to post a photo of my house so you can see my fancy cement with radiant heating that doesn't need to be vacuumed. There is carpet in my bedroom, only I'm not in there enough for it go get dirty. I barely even sleep there. The problem is the rug in the front room. I always swept it and that really did a pretty good job but that was pre-Hank. My post-Hank rug had a fine film of white cat fur on it that the broom didn't touch. I figured that a $40 vacuum was in the long run a better investment than the hundreds of lent rollers it would take to keep the kitty fur off. I used my Mary Kay money I earned last night. Hank and I are better friends now that I don't have to feel anxious about a furry rug.

This is my fancy floor in my fancy kitchen. Did I mention that it is heated? Because it is and I'm in love with it.

This is my happy little vacuum next to it's happy little clean rug. This is just a photo of Hank's tail in the closet door. He's obsessed with that place. When I open the door he runs in. On this particular day I shut it not knowing he was in there. I don't think he even noticed.

5 comments:

Hillary said...

You are fancy Nancy with all you heated stained concert floors and such. And your house is so cute.

Plus also, that cat is my favorite cat ever. I love his tail peeking out from the closet door. Should we be concerned about his closet love? With all the "coming out of the closet" and such.

How happy for your new vaccuum. Mine got stolen right out of my new house the week before we moved in. Along with 5-12 packs of Mountain Dew. (I was more upset about the DEW)

The 6 Steiners said...

Shan Shan-
Can I just say I love your Hubba Hubba Hank picture. Every day I wake up sad I do two thinks Listen to your good morning song on my phone and read your blog. So keep blogging I need new things to make me laugh. Love ya

Joanie said...

This is just about the funniest cat I know! Love the tail only photo... plus his Hubba. Great post... I'm happy to see photos of your cool pad.

Joanie said...

Oh Yeah, one more thing. I love your blog title. Shananagins... very clever.
Love you heaps.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Are you just the funniest blogger? No wonder you and my Hillary are friends. Love the picture of the tail.