Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Grammie Sunday

Third Sunday is always Grammie Sunday. I've been a bit absentee lately and it was good to get back. I was feeling especially glad when I got there and saw that Grammie had made turkey. I'm not the hugest turkey fan. So, why was turkey Sunday a good thing, you ask? While I'm not in love with actual turkey, I am in love with roasted turkey skin all brown and crispy. Yummers! Heaven bless Grammie for letting me pick that turkey clean if it's skin before it was all carved up.

While Grammie Sunday is usually all about eating sinful amounts of food and just talking a lot, I found myself with an additional job. In case you didn't know, I'm the official toe/fingernail painter in the Lewis household. Only I can't really complain too much, because I pretty much started it when Ash's life on this earth was still being counted in days and not weeks or months or years yet. Roxie got her first toe painting as soon as she got home from the hospital because I'm not so sure the hospital would have been in love with me painting them there. You'd think that Tian would be sad because he is not in the girl category and getting his toes painted. That's where you'd be wrong. Here's some of my handy work from Sunday.

Apparently, all the tough kick boxer fighter boys are painting their toenails black these days. Good news for Tian because he always loves them painted anyway. That's what happens when you live in a house full of girls. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
Ms. Rox is showing off her pretty nails. I've often said that she believes that I'm the only person who knows how to paint her nails. I always thought it was a little bit of a joke until Kesk admitted on Sunday that whenever Roxie wants her nails painted she tells her to call me. And, plus, if you'll take a good look at that face you'll see why I always come when she calls. I'm pretty much whipped that way.

Monkey Girl here got hers painted, too. Only for some reason we didn't document it. This photo is close enough. Her fingers are attached to her hand, what that's attached to her arm, what that's attached to her shoulder, what that's attached to her neck, what that's attached to that goofy face.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Thanks for being the family manicurist. What funny kids I have.
And you forgot about Grammie's mashed potatoes. Heaven.

Joanie said...

Oh, so I have to find out about your blog by reading Jessica's blog. I'm so glad you have one now. Yeah, I love to keep up with everyone's blog. It is a way of connecting that wouldn't happen otherwise. And I'm happy to have Grammie dinners!
Love you lots.