Monday, January 26, 2009

Organized Schmorganized

All my life I've tried to be the kind that carries a planner and subsequently always knows where she should be. What I didn't take into account is that those kinds of people use the left side of their brains and can do things with numbers besides count them. Some days even counting numbers is taxing for me, so I'm clearly not the planner kind. However, despite my disorganized destiny, I've started about forty-eleven planners. Not too surprisingly, I still didn't know where I should be. However, one day last April I got this pretty pink box with my Mary Kay starter kit in it, and it also included a planner. I was pretty excited to get my forty-twelfth planner, and I just knew that I'd really write in it this time. Surprise of my lifetime, I actually have been using it. I know where I am most all of the time now. This dog learned a new trick. The difference, I believe, is that I actually have places I need to be now. Go figure.

Now I have a new problem. My pink planner is not big enough for all of my busyness. I've got papers crammed in there so tight that I have to use a clip to hold them together. Not to mention the millions of post-its. It is a very disorganized organizer.
I was telling my tale of woe to my Laurie friend and she had the most ingenious of ideas. She suggested that I just get a bigger planner. Holy moly, what a great idea! That Laurie is a smarty pants. She uses her left brain practically all the time. Here is the wonderousness of my fancy new Walmart planner:
I have high hopes for this thing. It looks great now, but I've just only had it for a few hours. It's definitely roomier and it zips and has a home for my pen so I don't lose it. I have that problem too. Plus, also, Hank loves it:He lays on everything just like he's the boss or something. He's rotten and I'd like to say it's not my fault. Only it is.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Maybe you should write "visit that one zoo with the monkey and the zebra and the tiny animal, what that we don't know what kind she is yet (right now I think she's a magpie), and the zookeeper" on one of those fancy pages.

Joanie said...

Good luck with your forty-leventh planner! And you know the problem with Hank? IT IS BECAUSE HE IS A CAT!!! That's just the way they are... and why we love them.
Love you,
Grammie

foreverlaym said...

Well, if Hank loves it, it's gotta' be a keeper. Except that the only good cat is a dead cat -- so, I guess it doesn't really matter what Hank likes or not. Love you. (Oh, and did you get the invitation to my blog?)

Hillary said...

I love your guts. Except for that new shiny planner is boring old black and not pinkalicious or red delicious and we thinks black planners are not a pleasure. Plus also, could you pencil me in on one of those days too? Perhaps when you visit that Zoo place I could come too. (That is, if I decide to be nicer to your boring colored planner) Howbout.