Thursday, February 19, 2009

Shoulder Sadness

I don't know why I don't blog more with this kind of helpfulness:
Plus, also, I went to the doctor yesterday because I've had a bum shoulder for the past 3 and a half months. Apparently, I slept on it funny one night. I figured it was some tendonitis but even after some physical therapy It's not even a tiny bit better. I went to the doctor and begged them to give me a cortizone shot to make all of the swelling go away. Only too bad for me because they did an x-ray instead that says I have a hook on my shoulder. I don't know what that means except it makes it harder to heal. My doctor friend is also afraid that I might need surgery because it is owier than just some tendonitis. I have an MRI tomorrow that will settle it once and for all. I'm praying my guts out that surgery is not-so-much what I need. I'm hoping that the man upstairs wants to do me a solid and grant that wish. I'll let you know the verdict.

5 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I hope you have so much faith that the hook disolves and when they look again, it's gone.

Jessica said...

I'm with Lynne. Let me know how it goes. Oh, and I'll pray with ya.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Here's the scripture that goes along with that thougth:

D&C42:48-51 48 And again, it shall come to pass that he that hath faith in me to be healed, and is not appointed unto death, shall be healed.
49 He who hath faith to see shall see.
50 He who hath faith to hear shall hear.
51 The lame who hath faith to leap shall leap.

I THINK you are LDS. If not, please forgive me.

Hillary said...

Why is it that my Mother posts comments on MY very friends blogs before me. One friend of mine that she has never even met at all, not even once. What that is you, Shan. I am bewildered.

Anyhow, I hope your shoulder is not rotten. I hope all goes well and I will be praying my guts out that you will get better soon, since I will not be giving you one of my shoulders, a kidney is one thing but a shoulder is entirely different. I love ALL your guts.

(I wish blogger had spell check for comments)

foreverlaym said...

You and I have always been twins. I have a bad shoulder, two bad hips, and two bad knees. Surgery hasn't been mentioned so far, so that's good. We both know I have a horrible track record with surgeries. I hope you get good news!