Monday, February 23, 2009

The Zoo

Shoulder update: I had an MRI on Friday and it wasn't nearly so unpleasant as I expected it to be. If you've never had an MRI at the Imaging Center in American Fork, I highly recommend it. They don't put you in a tunnel and tell you to try and pretend it's not squishy and coffin-like. This MRI was totally open on all the sides. I was so pleased, I fell asleep. Anyhow, I went back in to the doctor and the good news is that my rotator cuff is fine. The bad news is that it is still really inflamed and has some kind of hook on it that may keep it from ever calming down. I think I can safely say that anyone who had a hook in her shoulder should be owie. I feel like someone tried to fish me and I'm the "one that got away". The doctor said that she'd give me a shot of cortizone to make me feel better about the whole business, but she'd see me in 3 weeks and we'd most likely be setting up and appointment for a shoulder scope. She says after that, it will be magic and will heal up nicely. I'm planning on it magically healing up all by itself after this shot. Again, I'll keep you posted.

The most happy thing about today is that on my way home from the doctor I decided to pay a visit to the Kesk Family Zoo. They have all of my favorite animals at that place: monkeys, zebras, and Roxies. If you think a Roxie isn't an animal, you are terribly mistaken. At my visit to the zoo it was apparently feeding time because there was some very yummy, freshly made, cinnamon apple sauce. For a zoo keeper that hates cooked apples, she can sure make good applesause. That Roxie animal gave me a bite of hers and then made sure I got some of my very own.

While at the zoo, the zebra decided that it was grooming time after his applesauce snack and started working on the Roxie critter.
He did his own fur afterward
The monkey wanted to do her own hair and I'm personally in love with the dental flosser she added. I'd expect nothing less from a monkey.
This is my favorite of all the zoos in the land.

1 comment:

foreverlaym said...

Super cute pictures! I especially loved the second one of Roxie! What cute kids Jessica has! OH, and I don't think it's fair that you said hers is your favorite zoo in all the land because you've never been to mine!