Thursday, August 27, 2009

Christian

Today I had a delightful day.  I didn't go to school, so that's something right there.  Why I didn't teach today is another blog for another day.  However, what I did do was spend some time with one zebra-boy named Christian.  Tian's 7th birthday was Monday and so I owed him one birthday date.  He got to pick out where we had lunch and he got to pick out a new pair of shoes.  Fortunately for me, Tian loves the Cafe Rio so that's where we ate.  He picked out some Transformer shoes that glow when you walk.  I think it's safe to say that the society pages tomorrow will report that a good time was had by all. 
I'm grateful for Christian.  He has always held a special place in my heart.  I was blessed enough to happen by the hospital moments before he was born.  I got to be there for the miracle that was Tian.  One thing I know for sure about him is that he was meant for greatness.  I don't know what form of greatness, but I do know it will happen.  He's blessed to have a mom that would walk to the ends of the Earth and back for him, and I believe she quite possibly does on some days.  Happy birthday Tian!  I love you!

4 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

You have to be a mind reader to read this post but luckily I have multi-talents which include highlighting.

A sweet tribute to a beautiful boy.

How was Fox news at nine?

Hillary said...

I am glad to be friends with you and that Christian person, because I knew exactly what that post was saying. I am not even a mind reader.

As Maddy said once about Christian: "Well, at least he's cute." Boy is that kid cute, and I also enjoy his other talents.

PS I fancy your back ground quite a lot. IT's right up my alley.

Joanie said...

Look at his precious face! what a charmer!

Jessica said...

Thanks for the sweet post about my sweet boy. He is destined for greatness, I think. And I love that picture of him. And thank you for taking him out and for the shoes.

Plus also, it's too early, but I still swear this baby is kicking me. That's all.