Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Seminar 2009

I've got to catch up because I have been to Dallas, and let me tell you it was good times. There are no words for the wonderfulness that is Mary Kay Seminar. I want you to try to imagine General Conference, Miss America, Broadway musical, and Academy Awards all rolled up in to one. Really it is amazing and that's not to even mention all of the silliness that happens when we are all hanging out in our hotel rooms.

My roommates Holly and Shari helping Noelle get ready before the big awards night.
You probably recognize this Amy girl.
Riding the Limo to awards night.
Noelle and me
This is Julianne. She is our national and all the super-cool things I get to do are because of her. She and I are in Mary Kay's personal office.
Wearing Mary Kay's glasses. These were the ones she wore just before she died and not to disrespect the honored Mary Kay, but she was just shy of bat vision.

This is my Laurie friend, a girl named Gillian, Amy friend and me. That Kesk made an observation about my photos. If you look closely you will notice that in all of my photos the girls with the hottest hair are Amy and me. With the exception of maybe Julianne, but she had an internationl makeup artist doing her hair the whole week, and on awards night she looked like a freaking rock star. The Gillian girl in that photo has million dollar hair and it's not as fantastic as Amy's and my hair. The common demominator...Amy and I have the same genius hairdresser. You only get one guess as to whom that may be. I'll give you a hint: it starts with K and ends in esk.
Shelly, Amy, and me

This one I love. On the last day a bunch of us went to Spaghetti Warehouse in the West End of Dallas. We had a mirror right above our very heads.
While it was the the greatest trip ever, (that is until Kesk and I go to NY to see Wicked in October) it was kind of good to get back home. I missed many people but the person I think missed me most was Hank:
This has pretty much been my life since I got back. I honestly can't shake him. While it is sweet and cute, it was a lot sweeter and cuter before he weighed 15 lbs.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

I'm glad your Hank missed you. One time, Max and I went away for a measly 3 days and Ruby wouldn't even look at me. She would actually look away when she saw me looking at her. She was only 16 months at the time. She started early learning how to ignore people.

I'm glad you're back and had such a rip-snortin' good time.

I have a super dooper hairdresser too but her name is not Kesk, he name is Little Jessica. Could it be the same lady? hmmm

Jessica said...

You are a party animal, I tell you. And I wasn't trying to brag or anything. You guys have the loveliest hair no matter who did it. I'm just glad it happened to be me. Plus, I should add that I cut lovely hair on other people and it is not lovely once they get their hands on it, so kudos to you and Amy, too. Also, Hank Hank cracks me up. I'm with Ruby. When my mom had the audacity to give birth to another child, and left me for two days to do it, I wouldn't talk to her for 2 days either. I was 18 months old. Good thing Hank Hank is nicer than Ruby and me.