Friday, August 14, 2009

It's About Time

I've been waiting a big long time to go to Lynne's house and sit upon her swings and visit with her. I was waiting for Hillyerie to get her ducks in a row and take me there, but that was happening too slowly. So, I called that Hillyerie up and told her that I was going to her mom's house with or without her but she was welcome to come. Since it is her mom, I thought it'd be nice to at least give her the chance to come and play with us. Yesterday we went. Only no swings. The weather man had different ideas. It rained no small amount last night. The good news is that this is what the rain left behind:
I can always come and sit on the swings another day, but that rainbow was pretty spectacular. It was even double, only you can't see that in the photo. My camera isn't super-schmancy enough.

Instead we went to Heap's for some dinner and sat inside to visit and visit and visit. One thing about that Lynne is it feels like you've always known her and so you want to sit and be with her all the time and tell her everything. She listenes good and laughs a lot.

I learned many things but this might be the most useful of all those things:
The best way to keep fur off of stuff is to go straight to the source. Now why didn't I think of rollering my cat? His fur everywhere makes me nuts. Note to self: Roller the cat because it's a much smaller area than rollering my whole house.

Plus, also, this cat:
I just needed a photo of that cat because she has the most grumpiest face I've ever met. It goes to show that you really can't judge a book by it's cover because she is not so grumpy as her face wants you to believe. I quite liked her.

5 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Dear Cat Roller,

Thank you for only showing the fat arm of the cat-roller-person and not the fat person herself. I will be forever grateful.

We must do it again when Mrs. Bird and The Scottish Dreamer can attend. Then you would be Miss (not Ma'am)-Laughs-a-lot. It's an old Indian name. Maybe from the Appalachian mountains.

Hillary said...

It's good to see the strange things my family does from other people's eyes. (is that "'" in the right place? I can't remember your rule-that is also the rule for all the english speakers)

I am used to the strange from my Mom, It's quite refreshing and silly.

Jessica said...

Christian said, "Whose cat is that?"
I said, "It's Hillyerie's mom's."
"Whoa. That cat is freaky."
I'm not sure what else to say on the subject.

Hillary said...

PS: I am not "used to" I am really just "use to" Maybe I am weird because of my strange family.

I vote "yes"

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Hello, since I don't have your email I will just say that I am glad that NBC or CBS or FOX News or whatever dang thing it is--actually I do remember what it's called--worked for you today. Here's to better times and more of them!