Sunday, August 30, 2009

What I Know for Sure about Today

1.  Waking up at 6:30 a.m. is early, but 5:00 a.m. is earlier and not as pleasant.  I'm glad my husband, what that I don't have, didn't have to go fishing this morning at that unpleasant hour.

2.  You can't drive 120 miles on only a quarter tank of gas.

3.  Helping a bride-to-be feel beautiful for her big day is a pay check of the heart that can't be beat.

4.  Orange fingers are a small price to pay for Cheetos.

5.  Long drives home are not so lonely if you call a friend and giggle a lot.

6.  You can be sure people are glad for you to visit if you bring chocloate.

7.  Nine hours in high heels is only slightly less comfy than a root canal and you don't get laughing gas with it.

8.  If your car is more than a month past registration you should obey all traffic laws so as not to draw attention to yourself.

9.  It's better to be agreeable than to be right.

10.  "The Golden Girls"--still funny!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

I think that was a lovely blog. Expecially because I knew first about most of what it was about. That giggling friend sounds like a delight. Good thing her Mom told you to call her. And good thing you are a minder.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

So agree with so many things. Like orange fingers. I WANT some cheetos, now. Thanks a lot. It's Sunday and the craving will just have to go unsatisfied.

Yes, chocolate assures people are happy to see you but that's not the only reason. Or even the real reason. Or even a reason at all. But it sure is a nice perk.

Agree on the agreeable thing. People who have to be right are often without any friends. They are right but what good does it do them? I'm never right. You can be my friend for sure.

Did you run out of gas??? I hope not.

Amber said...

I know all about obeying the laws when your registration is overdue. And the Cheetos thing? Totally making me want some now.