Monday, November 16, 2009

A Pretty Much Perfect Day

Dear "Hurbilly" Anonamous Commentor, This blog is maybe a bit "long winded" for you, so you may want to not read it if you think it will be too taxing to look up all the big words in the dictionary as you read.  I'm just sayin'. 

I feel like I want to blog today, but I'm not sure what to blog about.  I just had one of those days where at the end you feel content and like you accomplished what you wanted to.  Those days seem to be rare because I always want to get a lot more done than I ususally do.  Maybe you should just have a play-by-play of my day and then you'll know about how productive I really was.

6:00 a.m.--This doesn't sound like a pleasant hour at all, but it was because I got up to be on conference call with Julianne, my Mary Kay National Director.  Incase you think she's crazy for having everyone call at 6:00 a.m. or I'm crazy for doing it, she also has a 7:00 p.m. on Sunday night one for those of us that are morningly challenged.  I could have gotten on that one last night but a couple of people I know were yacking my ears off and I missed it.  (You know who you are.)  Good thing I love their guts :)  You probably remember Julianne because it was her good thing idea for me to go to New York and see Wicked.  I love that lady because she has good ideas.  She's always so excited and before you know it you are excited too.  You don't necessarily know why, but it doesn't matter because excited is always a good thing.

7:30 a.m.--I went to school.  I had not been there since last Tuesday because of the death illness that didn't quite kill me but left me mostly dead for about 4 days.  I was somewhat behind, needless to say, but I got caught up lickety split and the kids missed me sorely.  Having a sub for a few days will do that to them.  Sometimes I'm tempted to stay home just so they will love me more when I get back. 

8:00 a.m.--I taught my first period and we did a fun thing that they enjoyed.  They got to work in groups so they hardly noticed at all that they were learning hard stuff that they hate.  It's easier to be happy at school when all the littles are happy too.  Plus, it's nice when you have those days were you feel like you are a good teacher because you came up with an awesome activity.

9:50--I was eavesdropping on my 3rd period class as they worked in their groups.  I am very good at working at my desk while listening to 4 or 5 conversations at once.  It never occurs to them that I'm listening to what they are saying.  A group of 3 boys was having a conversation that involved "that time of the month."  What do 13 and 14 year old boys know about "that time of the month," I ask you?  And furthermore, why would they talk about it?  I don't have an answer because I missed the beginning of the conversation.  I decided that it was a good thing that they didn't know I was listening because them I'm off the hook for having to ask them why they were talking about that.

11:45--Lunch.  Yummy tomato soup in the quietness of my room.

12:15--Lots more teaching until...

3:00--I got a phone call from one very small Roxie that was missing me and wanted me to come and see her.  I'm pretty sure she is my biggest fan.  At least in the under 4 year old category.  It broke my heart a tiny bit.

3:10--I left school and went to see my new Nevin friend. I had a HUGE bee in my bonnet and he was very helpful in how to handle that very pesky bee.

5:15--Hillyerie did not answer her phone even though she knew it was Monday after 5:00, and I was going to tell her about how the bee conversation turned out.

6:00--Delivered some Mary Kay product in Highland.  I wandered around a bit looking for the place, but when I got there I was rewarded with $50.

6:20--Delivered some more Mary Kay product in American Fork.  This time I was rewarded with $70.

6:35--Went to Walmart.  Found a filter for my humidifier and a fun Christmas thing.

7:10--Panda Express orange chicken dinner--Yummy!

7:30--I went to Roxie's house to see her and the other zoo animals that live there.  I was not rewarded with money but with something even better--lots of snuggles and loves from all three animals.  Plus, I managed to hear Family Home Evening AND get my birthday present.  Best idea I had all day was to go there.  This is what my present was:


It is the biggest, most wonderful Wicked calendar ever.  The photos are huge and the actual calendar is small, as it should be.

8:30--Came home, changed in to my warm jammies, and loved on Hank a bit.

9:15--Blogged.

See how full and productive and fun that whole day was?  Now to top it all off, I'm going to snuggle into bed and have a sleep.  Yey me.  I hope you all had a day that was equally as great.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Ass-ume you mean me, Miss Smarty Pants. I'll have you know I learnt all them words without help and besides that it is American Fark--just so you know. If I go to American Fark will they give me $70? Probaby not. They think they's such hot stuff out there, wearing that make-up, named after a virgin-man/woman. I mean, what kind of a name is Kay? It's like Lynn, for crying out loud and so the real Lynn has to add an "e" so she won't get drafted into that there Army and get letters offering free prostrate exams (bend over).

I think a woman like you deserves something called "Wicked." Wicked means Smarty Pants in Ergestan, just so you know.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and PS. So the perfect day includes phones, evesdropping, eating, getting money and getting loved up by someone who sounds like a prize fighter. And what about that Zoo, with the animal doo-doo and everything? I tell you, your Perfect Day sound pretty much like the Perfect Storm and you know what happened there. EVERYBODY DROWNED.

Now if you hada gone coon huntin'. I'm just sayin', THAT would have been more perfection than slurpin' soup and tip toeing through the doo doo.

Jessica said...

That Anonymous (and of course I have NO IDEA who he/she may be...) is pretty mouthy. Plus, I have never seen that Perfect Storm and it is now ruined for me. Because I was going to watch it tonight. Rude. :)

I am glad you had a wonderful day. I am glad I got to participate in said wonderful day. Plus, you forgot to mention that you looked goygeous yesterday, too. (But, perhaps I forgot to mention that in the first place, so maybe you didn't even know. Sorry.) And I'm glad you think that calendar is as wonderful as I do!

Hillary said...

You forgot to mention that Hillyerie was having a rest to ease her poor melon and she remembered it was Monday after 5, which is why she told her daughter the "if Shan calls, come get me" words. It never occured to Hillyerie that the line would be busy. The end.

But also PS: remember she talked to you about the Bee situation just moments later, and she loves that new friend NEVIN so much. He has lots of good ideas.

Hillary said...

PPS you should consider going private. That anonymous commenter is mouthy and snarky too.

You shouldn't have to take that kind of abuse from someone strange and probably odd and I bet wears a hairnet.