Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

My major Halloween plan was to not be home.  Living in the same town you teach in has the potential to be anything but a pleasure.  The last thing I want is for a bunch of 14 year olds to come to my house dressed up, begging for candy.  I see them plenty enough during the week.  On Thrusday a girl named Annie talked to me about this very subject. Our conversation went like this:

     "Ms. Haymore, we are going to come to your house on Halloween and Trick-or-Treat." 

     "Go ahead and knock yourselves out.  I won't be there." 

     "Why not Ms. Haymore?" 

     "Because there is no occasion I can think of that I'd ever want any of you at my house."

     She didn't really have too much to say after that.  True to my word, I made other plans.  I went to my Aunt Kaye's house for the weekend.  She had a knee replacement last Thursday, so I thought I could maybe be of some use to her.  It's a win/win as far as I'm concerned because I'm not at my house on Halloween and she gets the pleasure of my company.  This is my favoritest photo of me and my Auntie:

Not bad for one I took myself with my phone.  While at my auntie's house I carved my pumpkin.  I LOVE carving pumpkins.  It is my favorite part of Halloween.  Aunt Kaye needed to be in her room lying down with ice and junk on her knee, so I carved it on her bedroom floor.  That way neither one of us had to be lonely.  This is my pumpkin: 

 I think the hardest part of pumpkin carving for me is choosing the pattern.  After an hour of searching, I finally settled on this one.  I felt a little bit sorry for that kitty what that almost got left behind, but he was so funny I couldn't resist.

That's all I have to say about Halloween.  The not-so-spooky end.

3 comments:

Hillary said...

When that poor Annie girl grows up and thinks that kids her age are annoying, she is gonna remember your conversation and totally get it. I hope that ONE: she doesn't know where you live and TWO: she can't throw eggs.

That is also my favorite picture of you and Kaye. Lets not point out that I have only ever seen one, having said that, I'm pretty sure it'd still be my fav. You two are rocking babes.

PS you should get that hair again, soon. :)

Also PPS. You pumpkin was super dooper and put all of our pumpkins to shame.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

That is the funniest pumpkin I've seen. Maybe it was Minkey. Maybe it COULD be Minkey. How do I sign him up?

I think the best part of Halloween is the leftover candy and then I hurt for three days, swear off ALL sugar, and then in four days I've forgotten and am looking for the leftover candy again.

Jessica said...

That should be your favorite picture of you two. It is darling. Plus, also, I know some little ghouls who found you anyway on that very spooky day. You didn't seem very sad about it, though.