Thursday, November 12, 2009

Snogginess and Such

I meant to blog sooner only I've been sick. And by sick I mean S-I-C-K. The kind that leaves you floating in and out of consciousness for a couple of days.   I'm feeling a little better tonight after two days of sleeping and a long, hot bath tonight.  I'll probably live.  Who do I blame for this affliction? 

Ruby, that's who!  I happened to see her a few days ago and she was all snoggy, as Hillyerie says.  I really don't think she got me sick because what I have is far worse that a little snogginess, but she's as good as anyone to blame.  Plus, also, if I blame her then I can include that cute photo of her, which is my true motive.

Before my affliction I was going to blog about grocery shopping.  Mostly because I needed to go so badly that my fridge looked like this:

Incase you didn't notice I only had corn tortillas, applesauce, eggs, a couple of Diet Cokes and a couple of bottled waters.  That's because school teachers only get paid once a month, and toward the end of the month when the food is gone, it's gone.  Then blessed pay day came and my fridge looked like this:

 Do you see how relieved Hank is?  He's looking at actual fruits and veggies and meats and cheeses.  I guess the moral of this blog is that if I happen to show up on your doorstep around dinner time, check to see if it's the last week of the month and you'll know why.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

You are always welcome at our house at dinnertime. Plus Hank Hank cracks me up. Plus also, I am so very sorry you are so sickening. But it was an excellent excuse for posting that darling Ruby. I keep telling her mother that she belongs on the covers of magazines. They could be rich.

I hope you are feeling better!

Hillary said...

I think we should blame Ruby for lots of stuff and then when she makes that pouty face, we can laugh.

Doesn't Hank know his food is in the closet, with the snowman, and not in the fridge?

foreverlaym said...

At least you didn't run out of Diet Coke. THAT would be devastating! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Will you be staying with my mom or with us or what? I'm just sayin'.