Monday, October 12, 2009

Motorcycles are NOT My Friends

So, today I woke up under the assumption that it would be a pretty good day.  I had reasons to believe that because for one thing I didn't have to go to school and teach all of the squirrely kids.  I had a workshop in Springville that I had to go to, and I was pretty excited because it was going to be done a full hour before I would have been done at my school.  For the record, that part of my day was pretty good.  I only had one major computer catastrophe but as I mentioned before, I got to leave early so I didn't mind so much.

My problems started after I left that workshop place.  I had a million of errands to do so I headed up to Provo to begin those errands.  Only too bad for me, because there was a policeman on the side of the road just waiting for me.  I wasn't even speeding.  I'm careful not to do that so as not to draw attention to myself because I don't want the police to notice that my car should have been registered in July.  He noticed.  He was nice about the whole business.  He didn't even write me a ticket for the fact that my driver's license was invalid.  Neither one of us could figure out why so he told me to call the DMV to see why they didn't want me to drive so much.  He even told me that if I'd get my car registered in the next 2 weeks, the ticket would be reduced to 20 bucks.  I think it was this guy that pulled me over:


After I left the policeman I was a little rattled and couldn't decide if I still wanted to go to Provo/Orem or just go home, put my head under a huge pilla', and pretend like today never happened.  I started back home and then thought to myself, "Self, you've got a million things to get done before you go to New York on Thursday, (Oh, by the way, did I mention that I'm going to New York on Thursday?  Because I am.) and if you don't do them now, you'll never have time to get them done."  Again, too bad for me that I didn't do the head-under-the-pillow thing.  I got off of the next exit to turn around.  I had to make a left turn to flip a U-turn so I put on my left signal.  However, I had to lean a little to the right to make enough room for me to flip around.  Some guy on a motorcycle saw me leaning to the right and decided that I was probably only kidding about the left turn signal so he tried to pass me on the left.  Guess what, I turned left, as my signal indicated and hit him!  Or rather, he hit me.  He bounced right off of my front fender.  Lucky for him, he didn't get dead.  My favorite part is that he had the nerve to try and tell me that I shouldn't have been leaning to the right if I wasn't going to turn right.  I told him that it doesn't matter which way I lean, he should probably look at my signal and think that there is a strong possibility that I'm going to turn that direction.  No real damage was done, thankfully.  My hubcap is cracked a little and I have a small scratch.  I'm pretty sure that this is the motorcycle guy that hit me:


The next time that the Holy Ghost tells me to go home and go to bed, I'm going to listen.

4 comments:

Amber said...

I think I'm going to listen to that message, too. I should sleep more. I hope that you are ok, and that today is better. I can't be with you, so here is a cyber-hug for you.

Jessica said...

That is craziness. HOWEVER, the photos of the culprits were priceless.

Hillary said...

Bless your peek-ed little heart. And, Plus, you forgot to mention that you came over to my house to give Maddy a much needed book about how to survive a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad teacher. And that was not such a bad ending to a fairly rotten day.

Although, my Witch legs might have a different opinion.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

He should be spanked. I'm not suggesting you do it, with all the bad press teachers are getting lately, having amarous encounters with their students, but he should. You should get that nice motorcycle cop to do it.