Saturday, October 24, 2009

Quite Possibly The Nicest Thing Anyone Has Ever Said to Me

Tonight I was at a Mary Kay function.  It was Girl's Night Out.  We feed you dinner from Olive Garden, Wax your eyebrows, give you a facial/makeover, and then give you dessert.  All for $10.  Not to shabby if you ask me.  Anyway, as I said before, I was there tonight.  I have an Amy friend there.  Only the Amy friend I'm referring to is not this Amy friend:

That is my Amy Haider friend what that is my bestest Amy friend.  (On a totally nonrelated issue--I'm pretty sure that is a darling photo of the two of us.)  As I was saying before being distracted by the cutness of that photo, the Amy I am referring to is my Amy Walker friend:


She and I were cutting up the cake to serve to the guests and she out of the blue asks me, "Shan, have you ever met anyone that doesn't like you?"  I wasn't sure what she meant so I asked her, "What do you mean?"  She replied, "It's just that I can't ever imagine anyone not liking you, so I thought I'd ask if you knew of anyone."  Like I said, quite possibly the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.

4 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

The nicest thing anyone has ever said to me is, "have you lost weight?" That hasn't happened like for twenty years so I'm really needy.

Too bad nobody loves me like everyone loves you. Congrtulations on everybody loving you, like that.

Hillary said...

First, that last commenter is WACK.

Second, to answer that Amys question, NO. Everyone I know not only likes you, but LOVES you. Just ask my children. And probably Roxie.

The end.

Hillary said...

PS. All that, and a night spent with you, for $10. I'm in.

Jessica said...

That first commenter is WACK. I agree with that previous commenter. (By the way, she looks a lot like someone I know, but that someone is not named Hillary. Her name is Hillyerie. Funny.) Plus, I don't know about everyone in the world, but I do know about the ones in my house. And, yes, we love you. And also, that picture of you and Amy is darling.