Sunday, March 22, 2009

Career Conference

I've been blog AWOL for a week, but I've been boring for a week.

This very yesterday I went to my Mary Kay Career Conference. Let's just get the bling out of the way right off the bat. MK is a firm believer in lavishing with jewels. I'm not opposed to this philosophy. Here are the two jewelries I earned:
This necklace is made of pearls and something else what that I don't remember but it's sparkly and pretty.This I got just because. They also are firm believers in randomly giving away lots of stuff. I hope you are prepared for the bling that follows:
Those are not pretend diamonds. They are real and I don't even know how many karats there are between those two rings. More than 1 and fewer than 10. What I do know is that they brought over $100,000 worth of diamonds for us to try on and play with. I'm not opposed to earning one of those things. I used to think that those kinds of rings, dripping with diamonds, were gaudy. After feeling the wondrous weight of all those karats on my finger, I believe that I only thought that because I never had any. It would not hurt my feelers at all to own a gaudy jewelery such as that. (And, yes, that is lunch meat behind my bedazzled hand. It was a dinner I earned after Career Conference and that's were the rings were for me to play with.)

Mostly career conference was about training and fun. It was held in the E-Center to accommodate all the hundreds of women who attended. There was no assigned seating, so I want you to picture this: Hundreds of women, all dolled up in skirts and high heels, waiting at the doors. Did I say waiting because I meant surging at those doors waiting to get in and get a good seat on the floor and not higher up in the arena. The the poor security man gave us the go ahead and he only narrowly escaped a sure death of trampling by stiletto as all those women full out ran into that place to secure seats. It beats anything I've ever seen.
I included this shoe to show you what manner of shoes were running into the arena, but mostly I included it for Hillyerie. I don't think she ever met a shoe she didn't love. She has a shoe problem.

I also earned a special luncheon on Saturday:
All the other millions of people that didn't earn this fancy lunch had to fend for themselves around town. Only too bad for them, because this was delicious and I didn't have to pay for it.

This was my name badge with all of my flair. I don't know how many of you saw the movie, Office Space, but if you did you know about flair. I got a ribbon for all the cool stuff I did. Some women had ribbons a-go-go but I didn't do to badly myself.
This is just some of my MK friends and me waiting for the show to begin.
In short, a good time was had by all.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

What a lovely party. I love the bling, but I'm with Hillyerie on that shoe! That is my favorite shoe ever. Next party, will you swipe it for me? Thanks.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Maybe you know Her Exelency of Mousehole's boyfriend's mother--Hallock. Can't remember her first name. She hates Her Excellency.

Love the bling--you have skinny fingers. Love the shoes. And of the four babes. The one in the white blouce and red jacket is the babest.

Hillary said...

I was not first to comment on this very post because I was too busy blogging about my shoe problem I seem to have. You should be happy to see I mentioned you. Love your very guts and that necklace too. And your shirt. Can we go shopping for new clothes for me?

Joanie said...

Shan, What fun! Love the cute pink shoes (even though I would never wear them... they would hurt my Fred Flintstone feet! LOL) I am so pleased that you are doing so well with MK. You ARE A STAR!
Love you,
Grammie