Monday, March 9, 2009

Table Talk

This very day I went to Ikea with my Auntie Kaye. She was in need of a thingy to put her TV in and I wasn't in need of anything....that is until I got into that place. I was shocked at all of the things I couldn't live without. My whole life has been empty and I didn't even know it. In order to fill that aching void in my life I bought a little table to put in my kitchen/living room area. Conveniently enough, it will also fill the void in my kitchen.
I've been sitting on my couch and eating off of my coffee table all this time. I don't drink coffee, but I figured the coffee table police would forgive me for misusing their table.

So, for only $60 I found the table of my dreams. Okay, that's an exaggeration, but I did find a decent one that was small enough to fit in that very small space. In case you didn't know, Ikea doesn't give you their furniture all nice and neatly put together as furniture should be. You have to do it yourself. Lucky for me, I'm good at that kind of thing and I like to do it. Don't make the mistake of thinking I did it all by myself, though. I had plenty of help...
First, Hank checked to make sure I had all the right tools:
Then he carefully counted all of the screws and such to make sure I had enough to do the job.
After a lot of kitty sweat, here's my new table:
Plus, also, I hope you enjoy that witch broom in the background. You never know when you need to make a quick getaway.
Here is what my kitchen looks like with the void filled. I'm getting two cute black chairs, too. Only they were out of them, so now I can't sit at my table yet and I still have to use the coffee table.
All that work sure made Hank progressively tired. These next photos I took just a couple of minutes ago. You can see this very post I'm working on in the background.

4 comments:

Joanie said...

Shan, Great post! I love the photos of Hank *helping* you and then cat-napping later. What a funny kitty-boy.
BTW I like your table too.
Love you,
Grammie

Jessica said...

What a happy table. I look forward to your chairs. Plus, I have your hair stuff and forgot to send it with Amy.
Your cat is quite the character. Almost as funny as my animals. (I'm not referring to the dog. Hank is way funnier than the dog. I mean the monkey, zebra and meerkat - you know, the one who can't stay awake during wunch.)

foreverlaym said...

Cute table. Now you just need some cute chochkie to put on it to match the rest of your cute kitchen!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

How on EARTH did you take those photos of you and Hank? What do you have, elastic arms? No wonder you and Elasta Girl are having surgery on the same day. You share genes.