Thursday, April 2, 2009

Kitty Abuse

Cabin fever has officially set in. Earlier tonight I was minding my own business and it began to rain. I know, the nerve, right? I decided that I'd like to open my door and take a look at that rain and breathe in some fresh air. Once I opened the door and I saw how hard it truly was raining, I got this one evil thought. I know two things for sure about my cat: 1. He loves to run outside as fast as he can when he gets the chance because he knows it's naughty. 2. Water (what that is not in his bowl) is public enemy number 1 in his book. My one evil thought was this: If I pretend to not be watching him very closely, he will run like a cat out of hell into the pouring rain and that will be funny for me. I was correct. That was sooooooo funny for me because he ran out and got only a few feet into the rain and freaked out. Only he wasn't sure where to run to get away from the wetness because it was everywhere and he was not about to run back into the house and be humiliated by his failed escape attempt. I laughed and laughed and laughed. Only in my haste to torture my cat I didn't factor in this:
I wish I could tell you that I didn't deserve all the brown kitty prints he left as he raced back into the house and stepped on EVERYTHING. Only in the end, I still got the last laugh because Hank had to have a bath.

I'm in need of some human contact. For Hank's sake.

4 comments:

Hillary said...

I have cabin fever too! And that episode was hillar-ious. I know that is not how you spell that word but the other way doesen't get to have most of my name in it.

Poor Hank. What am I saying, cats deserve all the torture they get. They are usually plotting their next sneakiness while they are being punished for their last sneakiness.

Poor Shan....

Jessica said...

I will share this story with Doug. No one will appreciate it like he will.

foreverlaym said...

If I ever wondered if domestic cats are truly related to leopards and pumas and other wild felines, I am sure now. That picture of wet Hank freaked me out. It's like he's staring at me, waiting to pounce. Just another reason for me not to like little fur balls.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I am your evil twin, I'm sure of it.

When the garage door is open Pika tries to sneak through it. I let her and then I close the door and go away. For hours. If I happen to hear her--hours later--I open the door and if she doesn't come right in--she is a dawlder--I close the door again and go away. The next time she does not dawdle.