Monday, April 20, 2009

Faces

On Saturday I had a fun outing with Aunt Kaye. We, in the past, have loved to travel the land in search of treasures. The kind of treasures that are in and/or around old, abandoned houses. I have many of these treasures in my home. (Like that chair I balance on in order to change light bulbs.) So, we headed south on one of these expeditions and stopped in every tiny town from here to Manti. These are some of the faces I ran into:This little guy doesn't actually have a face. It all melted away in the 60 degree weather. I don't feel one bit sad about that. He might have been Frosty the Snowman for all I know, and I still don't feel sad. Even if the children did say, "he could laugh and play just the same as you and me."

This face almost ate my hand off trying to get that carrot.

On the way home we decided to go through Nephi, Mona, and Santaquin to get home. I saw my Krista friend in Nephi, My Natalie friend in Mona, and this rag-tag group in Santaquin:
Some of you are probably familiar with these people. I had to drop off something to that house, and lucky for me I did. Auntie and I were on our way to the Wildflower Grill for dinner and it just so happens they were in need of sustenance as well. How convenient for us all. It was the perfect end to a perfect day.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I am jealous-er than there are words.

Consider me bawling...

(Probably not about the dead snowman or the horse guy.)

Hillary said...

And AM I glad you stopped by. It was barrels of fry sauce fun. And yummy too.

You are a treasure of funnyness and joy. And I got to see Little Jessica yesterday and so who can be sad about that? No one, that's who.

Hillary said...

Plus, You sent me 2 pictures of that Ruby character instead of Maddy. I haven't told her, she might cry. Thank you for the picture bytheway.