Sunday, September 13, 2009

I looked out the window and what did I see?...

Actually, that's not so true. On Onion Days day Hillyerie noticed it. I was shocked because as you can tell it is quite large. It is just outside my front door and has been for a long time. I was wondering all summer why there were always hornets in my house. Hank liked them because he could chase them around. I just ignored them until they got dead of their own accord and then I threw them away. I grew up with bee hives all around because my Uncle Ed was a bee keeper. I'm not allergic and have spent time with swarms of them, literally, so I wasn't too alarmed or worried. However, when I saw how huge that nest was I decided I should be nervous about it. I saw that My Girl movie where the little boy got dead because of bees. Only it was too late too get too worked up because I think it is empty now. Do hornets leave their nests? More importantly, do they come back? If they do, I need to take the nest down. If not, then I kind of like it there.

2 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Are you sure you aren't Hillary's twin sister that I forgot I gave birth to and that got stolen away as an infant? You talk just like her. "...where the little boy got dead...." That could be her talking.

Hillary said...

My Mom only says that because she came all the way to Payson to get her dog dead and didn't come visit me. And I actually lived in that very city.