Monday, September 14, 2009

Tender Mercies

Sunday I taught Relief society. That’s my job every 2nd Sunday. I realized that it was going to be a tough one when I started crying during the practice hymn. Furthermore, I didn’t stop until sometime after I got home. Why? I don’t know. Maybe for lots of reasons, but I think the subject matter didn’t help too much. My lesson was on friendship. I know that I have more than my fair share of friends. Not just your regular kind either. The kind that many people go a whole lifetime and never find. The kind that listen real close, laugh with you until you snort, and always hold your heart carefully. I think here’s the part that makes me bawly…Why me? How come Heavenly Father loves me and blesses me with so many people to love and that love me back? I happen to know me better than anyone else, and I sometimes don’t feel worthy of all the angels Heavenly Father has given me. I think my friends are Heavenly Father's tender mercies for me. It’s what I’m most grateful for in my whole life, and I pray every day you don’t get tired of me. I’m such a mess sometimes. I guess mostly I just want to say thank you and that I love you.

3 comments:

Hillary said...

Sometimes, I love you more because you're a mess.

I was gonna ask you how your lesson went. I guess it went well? I'm glad you wern't teaching in my ward because I would be all bawly too. You know how I like to keep weepy people company.

Only too bad for you cuz, I love your guts and always will.

Joanie said...

These heavenly friends ARE tender mercies! Our Heavenly Father knows us best and he KNOWS you need to know that he is VERY aware of you! Love you lots...
Grammie

Jessica said...

I bawled all through that lesson, too. Then, I tried to make a comment and blubbered and took 38 minutes to get it out. It was embarrassing, but luckily, my ward is full of wonderful friends who just started crying to make me not look so dumb. It didn't work, in case you are wondering. But at least I was at church. It was the first time in over a month.

Plus also, Roxie just came in the room and when she saw your picture here on your blog, she came running full-force at your picture yelling, "There she is!" She ran right into the desk because she was so focused on your picture. How's that for friendship?