Thursday, September 24, 2009

Who Knew?

Today I took a walk. I took my camera with me to see what I could see. Who knew all the things right outside my own door? For example, apparently, I live in the forest. This photo was taken right outside my very door on the side of my house:
I walked right through it to begin my walk because it looked so lovely.

I live right next to an elementary school and someone lost their homework:
I hope they didn't get in too much trouble. I decided that I would probably have stopped at 7+8 too. Numbers are hard.
Plus, also, who knew that the park next to my house has a nice little walking path?
I maybe should have noticed it when I was at the carnival, but I was too busy talking to Hillyerie I bet.

I found these guys playing in a little stream that runs by the park:
Who knew that kids still played outside in the dirt like kids should? Sometimes I worry about that because our society is getting so that we keep our kids inside 24/7.
Who knew that people still had tomatoes on their vines? I thought it might be a little late for them.
These people had LOTS of tomatoes:
Then I saw a house with this sign:
I don't always worry so much about those signs because people will put them up just to keep people away from their houses. Only who knew these people really meant it?:

I saw a house with a limo in the driveway and I thought, "How Fancy!" Only then I thought, "Maybe not so fancy." :
The cooler, wheel barrow, bikes, dilapidated yard swing, and sacks of cement in the dirt yard kind of detracted from the fanciness.


When I got back to my house I found this:
It used to be our mailbox. Only who knew that if your 15 year old neighbor knocks it over with her mom and dad's new Mercedes, you don't get mail anymore? Well, you don't unless you go to the post office and beg them for it.

The last and happiest part of my walk is who knew that I got a welcoming committee?

Mostly, who knew all of the things that are in your very own neighborhood when you are walking and not zipping past in your car trying to get somewhere you probably didn't want to go to in the first place?

2 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Well, indeed, who knew you lived in such a fascinating place. Run like the wind when you see that dog. Why do people want to own a dog that chews people's faces off anyway? Do you need a tomato? I'll share. Or maybe your neighbor shared.

Hillary said...

Ditto on my moms comment but I would have stopped at the "Why do people want to own a dog." I knew about the forest right next door to your house because we tromped through it when your car was busy.

As for the limo's yard, I am worried that they are spending to much money on their "ride"